Welcome to the “Poseidon Athens Half Marathon” offering the chance to enjoy the fresh sea breeze and a beautiful route in a unique seafront neighborhood, located only 6 km southwest of Athens city centre. Runners can also enjoy other parallel events: Music & Musicians by the sea, Painting Competition for kids aged 4 to 14,”ECO–Environment-Way of life” Experiential learning for kids about ecological and environmental issues, Interactive games for kids, Volunteering Society: Lecture and exhibition of volunteering organisations.
Half Marathon, Relay Half Marathon (2 runners) 21,5 K, Quarter Marathon Race, Athens Fun Run, Power Walking, Youth Run-1500m (from 7 to 12 years old), Kids Run-400m (till 6 years old).
Palaio Faliro, a seaside town 6 km southwest of Athens city centre
When: Sunday, 27th of April 2014
Participating in “Poseidon Athens Half Marathon” provides a remarkable occasion for runners to run along a beautiful and fast route at the Faliro Bay and also enjoy the mega-yacht destination in Athens, Greece.
Contact us and we will make you an unbeatable offer to suit your needs and preferences.
We offer several options varying from short weekend breaks in Athens including your entry to the race, to a full vacation plan in Athens and the surrounding area!
Moreover, we can offer you training plans, actual training in the streets and routes of Athens and of course we will run with you!
For more information and detail please call: +30 6978 524 433
Or email: info[@]runningreece.com
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
: Sunday, 27th of April 2014Event Schedule
Start time: 8:30-9:00 a.m. with different start times.Distances
Half Marathon, Relay Half Marathon (2 runners) 21,5 K, Quarter Marathon Race, Athens Fun Run, Power Walking, Youth Run-1500m (from 7 to 12 years old), Kids Run-400m (till 6 years old)Entry Fee
Your participation to the race is paid and secured by RunninGreece.The participation includes the following benefits
- Electronic timer (official time and place)
- Commemorative Medal for participation
- Participation diploma
- Commemorative t-shirt
- Clothing and personal belongings managementDeadline registration
Registration is open until Thursday, 10th of April 2014. Participation can be obtained via online registration.Route
All races will start and finish from the track of PO.LA.K in Palaio Faliro, Flisvos Marina Bay.
All routes are designed to go through the most beautiful sights of the Faliro Bay.
• Indicative: Cultural and Sports Centre of the Municipality of Palaio Faliro –crossing Marina Flisvou- battleship "Averof" & trireme Olympias- Faliro Pavilion (TAE KWON DO)- the 50 meter wide footbridge of the Esplanade and up to the Metropolitan Park of Kallithea, which has recently started being manufactured by the Foundation "Stavros Niarchos" the new National Opera, the new National Library and the environmental park.
• Water Plaza- Yacht Marina of Kallithea- beach Volley and along the –under construction- environmental park, between the mouth of Kifisos and Ilisos river.
• Peace and Friendship Stadium - Faliro Marina, up across the southern side of the Peace and Friendship Stadium, etc.
• Specifically, participants of Power Walking will walk on buildings roofs for 500m, in a really beautiful route in which there is a special route for blind people.
Please Note: Due to the two-year constructions of the "Stavros Niarchos" Foundation , apart of the route has changed(*).There will be a new measurement.
In any case all runners participate solely at their own risk. The organizers have no responsibility for whatever happens to the runners related to health issues or is due to lack of preventive medical check. It is highly recommended that the participants undergo a thorough medical examination before entering the race. The organizers will not ask for medical certificates from any athlete (male and female), since they all participate at their own exclusive risk and responsibility (children are at the liability of their parents or guardians). We will also provide offers for special health checkup for all runners, and members of their families.Electronic Timing
All participants will be timed by a timing company using an electronic timing system. For this reason, the runners must wear the timing chip they will receive from the registration center together with the participation number. Attention: Your time will not be registered and will not be included in the results if you do not have the timing chip attached to your shoe and not pass over the timing mats.Aid Stations
Stations will be at the starting-point and along the route per 2,5 km.In particular, in half-marathon and Relay
• 2,5 water, banana
• 5 water,isotonic, banana
• 7,5 water , banana
• 10 water, isotonic, banana
• 12,5 water, banana
• 15 water, isotonic, banana
• 17,5 water, banana
• In the end of the route you will find water, isotonic, bananas, bars etc.Awards
1. Half Marathon Run-Men: Cup and medal for the first 3 winners of the general category.
2. Half Marathon Run-Women: Cup and medal for the first 3 winners of the general category.
3. Half Marathon Run: Cup for the largest team of the Half Marathon.
4. Half Marathon Run: Cup for the fastest team of the Half Marathon.
5. Relay Run: Cup and Medal (x2) for the first 3 teams regardless of age and gender.
6. Participation of people with disabilities: Cup and medal for the first 3 winners with visual impairment, regardless of gender.
7. Participation of people with disabilities: Cup and medal for the first 3 winners with hearing impairment, regardless of gender.
8. ¼ Marathon Run-Men: Cup and medal for the first 3 winners of the general category.
9. ¼ Marathon Run- Women: Cup and medal for the first 3 winners of the general category.
10. Youth Run and Kids Run: Cup for the largest team of Primary Schools.
11. Fun Run: Cup for the largest team participating.
12. Fun Run: Cup to the team with the largest participation by an educational institute.
13. All participants in all runs will receive a commemorative medal and certificate of participation (or performance) in printable or electronic form.
Simple Running Offer:
from €50 » BOOK NOW
The Simple offer is addressed to those who wish to come and stay in Athens on their own. It includes all the logistics of the race entry, transportation to and from the starting line, tips and advice for the specific race, training schedule depending on your personal targets and safe keeping of your belonging during the race. If you really want to feel like a champion, we are here to support you!Running Offer:
from €90 per night per person » BOOK NOW
This offer is ideal for those who want to experience Athens the “running way”, and get the most out of their visit in Athens. We have selected the ideal locations for you, and we will suggest you the ideal vacation plan. It includes:
• all the transportation from/to your hotel and the starting line
• hotel arrangements in Athens in 3star hotel
• your registration to the race and all the logistics of the race entry
• Clothing and personal belongings management
• many more like: tips and advice for the specific race, training schedule depending on your personal targets
It starts from €90 per person (runner or not) per night for accommodation in a 3star or equivalent hotel. If you wish to stay longer in Athens, you may add as many nights as you want for an additional €40
per night per person.Special Running Offer
» Get a Custom Quote
Please tell us all your requirements and preferences, how many days you want to spend in Athens, what other places you wish to visit and we will come back with a tailor-made offer specific for you! We can add trainings, running tours, car/bike rental, excursions, family activities and many more. In any case our offer will include the hotel arrangements, transportation to and from your hotel, participation to the race and all the logistics of the race entry, transportation to and from the starting line, tips and advice for the specific race, training schedule depending on your personal targets, clothing and personal belongings management and suggested vacation plan for all the days that you will be in Athens.Group Running Offer
» Get a Custom Quote
If you are a group of people, please tell us all your requirements, how many of you are running, what you like and what you do not like and we will come back with a tailor-made offer specific for you and your company! We can add trainings, running tours, car/bike rental, excursions, family activities and many more. In any case our offer will include the hotel arrangements, transportation to and from your hotel, participation to the race and all the logistics of the race entry, transportation to and from the starting line, tips and advice for the specific race, training schedule depending on your personal targets, clothing and personal belongings management during the race and suggested vacation plan for all the days that you will be in Athens.
Athens is a city with glorious history and vivid present. It is a magical city worshipped by gods and people with plenty historical monuments, such as Acropolis, the ancient Theatre of Dionysos, Odeion of Herodes Atticus, Olymbion, Roman Market, Panathinaiko Stadium (also known as Kallimarmaro).
Athens is a city of different aspects. A walk around the famous historic triangle, Plaka, Thission and Psyrri, the old neighborhoods, reveal the coexistence of different eras.
It is worthwhile to take a stroll through the central streets with their art déco, art nouveau and antebellum buildings. Luxurious department stores and small intimate shops, fancy restaurants and traditional taverns, all have their place in this city. Visitors can also enjoy its nightlife. Athens by night totally changes.
The options for entertainment satisfy all tastes varying from the famous bouzoukia, which are the leaders in the Athenian entertainment, to the numerous theaters all around Athens offering a different type of entertainment.
Athens offers plenty of choices, since visitors can also explore its beautiful suburbs and neighborhoods, which are close to the historical center. The southern suburbs, located on the coast of the Saronic Gulf, such as Palaio Faliro, Glyfada, Voula and Vouliagmeni offer many opportunities to take a walk along the seaside, while you will also find many beautiful organized and free beaches, large shopping centers and nightclubs (especially during the summer).
The length of Palaio Faliro beach is about 4 km and is located about 9 km from the center of Athens. The Floisvos area is a reference point of Palaio Faliro and operates as the cultural center of the municipality.
Along the beach some neo-classical villas can be observed, typical examples of architecture of the last century. The seaside area has been redeveloped for the 2004 Summer Olympics, and now contains a seaside promenade, several sports venues, a marina and the Park of Maritime Tradition, where museum ships are exhibited.
The main road of Palaio Faliro is Possidonos Avenue, a 60 km. coastal road that is mostly scenic, stretches along the northeastern edge of the Saronic Gulf from Piraeus, the main port of the city, to the southernmost tip of Attica, Cape Sounio, the site of the 5th century B.C. Sanctuary of Poseidon.
Flisvos Marina provides easy access to many cultural and entertainment attractions available in the rejuvenated Olympic city. The newly constructed Athens ring road and the extensive and modern public transportation system allow easy and convenient access to the Archaeological Museum as well as excursions to the Acropolis, historical sites, monuments and museums. Flisvos Marina provides a diversity of recreation and relaxation opportunities, while sporting enthusiasts can enjoy jogging, walking and cycling activities in a friendly and peaceful environment.
Last but not least, Flisvos Marina is the ideal base for sea-loving voyagers eager to explore more than 3.000 Greek islands, many of which are within leisurely sailing distance.
Thank you for your interest to this event. Unfortunately, you are not able to register to this year’s event.
Keep visiting www.runningreece.com to be informed for the next year’s edition.
You can subscribe to our newsletter and we will keep you informed for all the upcoming events.
Please browse www.runningreece.com to find another event in similar dates or location.
For any additional information please contact us at: info[@]runningreece.com
We are looking forward to seeing you running with us!